Bonuses are displayed randomly during the game. The "Bonus" switch in the setup must be "ON" to be able to play a game with bonuses.
You can pick up the following bonuses:
- Adds full mana to your mana pool (+80).
- Adds half mana to your mana pool (+40).
- Steals full mana from your mana pool (-80). The minimum is 0 (can't
be a negative
- Fires a fireball after every enemy worm. Useful in close combat. The
fireball can hit your cooperative player.
attack - Puts a bomb in front of every enemy worm. The bomb will
explode quickly. Useful anytime. The enemy must quickly
manoeuvre away. If the worm hits the bomb it will die. If the worm is
hit by the explosion it will die.
Speed up - Doubles your
speed for a while (for 5 seconds at speed 50). Useful when you want to
enclose your enemy.
down - Halves your speed for a while (for 5 seconds at speed 50).
Useful when there is nowhere to go.
- A digger goes over the screen in a random height from
left to right. It can clean the path for you. Digger can't harm you, but
it can harm other players when they are nearby. Useful when there is nowhere
- A xonix goes over the screen in a random height from left to right.
It will block your path and draw a horizontal line. Useful to complicate
Yes, you are right, Digger and Xonix are pretty much cool ancient games. You may also recognize the bomb sprite that is originally used in Dyna Blaster -- another really cool game. This simple way I would like to express respect to the authors.